"Power comes in response to a need, not a desire. You have to create that need." —Son Goku/Kakarot
Son Goku (孫そん悟ご空くう Son Gokū), born Kakarot (カカロット Kakarotto), is the main protagonist of the Dragon Ball metaseries. Goku is a Saiyan originally sent to destroy Earth as an infant. Goku is a S+ Tier spec, along with Reaper and Broly. Goku is known as one of the strongest specs in-game and in the Dragon Ball series, as he can switch forms up to Mastered Ultra Instinct.
Goku is one of the Two Saiyan/Dragon Ball specs in AUT, the other one being Broly, as he can go Legendary Super Saiyan/LSSJ.
He was released and announced on December 25, 2020, but was delayed. He is now released in The New Universe.
Since Goku has evolutions and forms in each season, episode, or clip, he has 9 Forms in-game, and they are:
- 1. SSJ Goku (Activation Keybind: "1")
- 2. SSJ2 Goku (Activation Keybind: "2")
- 3. SSJ3 Goku (Activation Keybind: "3") Note: While in this form you can use Dragon fist
- 4. SSJ4 Goku (Activation Keybind: "4") Note: While in this form you can use Dragon fist
- 5. SSJG (Super Saiyan God) (Activation Keybind: "5")
- 6. SSJB (Super Saiyan Blue) (Activation Keybind: "6")
- 7. SSJBK (Super Saiyan Blue: Kaioken) (Activation Keybind: "7") Note: While in this form, the user will passively be dealt 10 dmg every second until they change form.
- 8. Ultra Instinct (Not Awakened) (Activation Keybind: "8") Note: This transformation requires you to be in the "down" state, or LOW HP.
- 9. Mastered Ultra Instinct (Awakened) (Activation Keybind: "9") Note: You have to wait till your KI runs out or press B key to cancel your Ultra Instinct while in form 8 (Ultra Instinct) to use Mastered ultra instinct.
How To Obtain (Attainability)
He will give you a Quest:
- Obtain 30,000 uCoins (0/30,000)
- Deal 5,000 Damage (0/5,000)
- Kill 1 Dio (0/1)
- Block 5,000 Damage
- Take 5,000 Damage
After finishing the quest talk to Goku, Shenron will appear on your screen and give a few options for you to choose. (1, Destruction 2, Power 3, Primal Power 4, World Ender 5, Ascension). Power is the choice that will give you Goku.
|Passive A - Saiyan Blood||Since Son Goku is a Saiyan he can transform to increase his strength and health.
|Passive B - Ki||The user has a Ki bar near the middle left of the screen, showing how much Ki the user currently has. Transforming each time requires a small portion of Ki. After transforming to SSJ2 or higher the Ki bar will slowly lose energy. This effect can be reversed by going back to normal or transforming to Ultra Instinct or MUI (Mastered Ultra Instinct).|
|Passives C - Healing||After reaching Super Saiyan God, Goku will passively regenerate 1 HP per 4 Seconds.|
Basic Moveset (Base Moveset)
|Q||Charge||When you hold "Q" down, your Ki bar increases.||N/A||2 Seconds|
|LMB/M1||LMB Combo||Upon clicking M1, the user lands a few punches on the opponent, swapping the animation with a kick, and a stronger kick which sends the enemy flying.||7.25 (First 3 LMBs)
25 (Final LMB)
|E||Kamehameha||The user inserts both of their fists together, creating and unleashing one of Goku's most common techniques/signature attack, named "Kamehameha!", afterwards dealing rapid damage/tick damage.||2 Damage Barrage||8 Seconds|
|R||Feint||The user lands a strong punch on the opponent which stuns and afterward lands a strong kick on the opponent which does little knockback and guard breaks if the opponent is blocking.||14 Damage for both hits||10 Seconds|
|T||Genkidama/Spirit Bomb||Goku gathers up a very large amount of energy compressing it into a giant ball and then throwing it forward dealing a very large AOE attack while saying: "EVERYONE! PLEASE LEND ME YOUR ENERGY! IT'S READY... SPIRIT BOMB!" When this move is used, you cannot turn it, nor can you move. Note: You do not gain I-frames during this move, so you can still be attacked. The best way to use it is to jump, then use it, since being in the air makes you harder to hit. Note: You can only use this in base form. (A player found that pressing T and a transformation other than 7 during charge up will give you I-frames)||85 Damage|
|F||Barrage||The user starts a barrage, throwing a lot of kicks and punches, and ending the barrage with a voiceline saying "Take this!", and a stronger kick which does knock-back to the enemy.||1 Damage each hit
20 Damage final hit
|G||Meteor Strike||Goku kicks the opponent into the air, kicking higher into the air 2 more times, and finally 360 vertical kicks/powerful punches the opponent one more time before both falling down to the ground.||9 Damage each kick + for the powerful punch at the end||16 Seconds|
|H||Instant Transmission||The user instantly transmits/teleports him to where the cursor is with a small start up animation.||N/A||6 Seconds|
|B||De-transform||(Only useable if you have a form active) The user will revert back to normal without any Super Saiyan forms, stopping the Ki bar from decreasing.||N/A||1 Second|
|Q||Charge||The user holds the key charging up Ki.||N/A||2 Seconds|
|F||Barrage||The user starts a barrage, throwing a lot of kicks and punches, and ending the barrage with a voiceline saying "Take this!", and a stronger kick which does knock-back to the enemy.||42.81 in MUI||7 seconds|
|R||Feint||The user lands a right punch on the victim, and afterwards landing a strong right kick on the victim which does knockback.||75 in MUI||10 Seconds|
|G||Meteor Strike||Goku kicks the opponent into the air, kicking higher into the air 2 more times, and finally 360 vertical kicks the opponent one more time before both falling down to the ground.||75 in MUI||16 seconds|
|E||Kamehameha||Goku quickly charges up energy and shoots it out as a beam. In SSJ4, Goku has a red/orange Kamehameha.
Note: Goku's Kamehameha no longer changes in range the longer the key is pressed.
|75 in MUI||8 seconds|
|H||Instant Transmission||Goku instantly transmits/teleports him to where the cursor is with a small start up animation.||N/A||3 seconds6 Seconds|
|Y||Dragon fist||Goku will jump backward, pause for an instant while winding back their fist, then rush forward at immense speeds, while shouting: DRAGON... FIST!!!!!
Note: This move is only usable in SSJ3 and SSJ4 (the 3rd and 4th transformation).
|32.7 in SSJ4||15 seconds|
|V||Blink||Goku instantly "dashes" forward with a white trail line behind dealing damage to anyone in the way. This can only be used while in UI or MUI. Goku will also say the voice line of "You're gonna pay!" This has an EXTREMELY large hitbox and the enemy and can still be hit even if they're multiple studs away. This can also combo extend.||75||25 seconds|
|B||De-Transform||Goku will revert back to normal without any Super Saiyan forms, stopping the Ki bar from decreasing.||N/A||1 second|
|N||Quotes||Goku will have different quote's. Each Transformation Form will probably have their own quotes instead of the regular ones Goku says.
When the user presses N, Goku will say one of these quotes in normal state.
When the user presses N whilst in Super Saiyan, Goku will say one of these quotes:
When the user presses N whilst in Super Saiyan 2, Goku will say one of these quotes:
When the user presses N whilst in Super Saiyan 3, Goku will say one of these quotes:
When the user presses N whilst in Super Saiyan 4, Goku will say one of these quotes:
When the user presses N while being Super Saiyan God and higher, these quotes are reused:
- G+F+E+H+R - Very good damage, although the Kamehameha is a little hard to hit if the opponent is good at dodging, also missing the Kamehameha can be punished.
- G+R+F+E - Nice damage, and easy to pull off, although the Kamehameha is a little bit hard to hit, and can get you in trouble. You can also just use G+R+F to not run any risks.
- (while in UI or MUI) V + E - Over 120 damage, and true, since Blink stuns the opponent long enough for kamehameha to hit.
- G+E+F - Nice damage,make sure to time the kamehameha perfectly all else you will get yourself punished.(Use E instantly after you land on ground)
- Due to a statement made by the creator of Dragon Ball, Akira Toriyama, Goku's SSJ4 form and Dragon Ball GT are not part of the official DB cannon.
- When you are in the Mastered Ultra Instinct Form, the theme "Ka Ka Kachi Daze" will play. (Note: it won't play the theme now)
- This spec was planned to release the day after the Dawn spec update, but was delayed.
- This is similar to the Gaster Spec in that you need to do a quest to obtain them and they have different forms.
- The difference between SSJ and SSJ2 Goku's models in-game is that an aura resembling electricity appears around SSJ2 and a little hair change.
- As of 9/4/21, Goku has received a slight nerf of increased ki drain in all forms, increased cooldowns on UI and MUI, not being able to instantly stack UI on top of MUI, a health regen nerf, And kaioken now deals 10 Damage per second on use. However, Goku received a new animation on his Kamehameha, allowing it to be viable in combat.
- The clothes do not change to Goku's normal clothes, they stay as your normal avatar clothes.
- Due to the recent nerfs, going into UI or MUI now requires over 30% ki.
- With the last update, Goku was significantly nerfed, to such a level that sometimes you can't play normally with him, he was just spoiled against the background of Broly.
- Goku only has 3 abilities that can be used without fear. F, R, G and SSJ4 -Y. Kamehameha and Genkidama open you up for blows, more damage will be dealt to you than you can do to them.
- Goku's move "God Fist" was supposed to be added to the spec, but the developers went back on their decision. (God Fist was shown in ShelfYT's old Goku Rework showcase video).
- Goku is currently broken, if you transform you will not be able to move, but you can attack, and have infinite ki you can only become invulnerable if you spam transformations.
- Goku's conditions for activating Ultra Instinct are a reference to his battle with Jiren The Grey, in which he awoke the latent power when in near death situations.
- To go SSJB Kaioken, you need to transform into SSJB, then press 7.
- Whilst charging in a form, your aura size increases by a lot.
- Goku doesn’t use the sub voice-acting. Instead, the developers use the dub voice-acting (Sean Schemmel).